[CalendarServer-users] LDAP authentication

Ben Gollmer ben at jatosoft.com
Wed May 9 13:28:03 PDT 2007

On May 9, 2007, at 12:25 PM, David Reid wrote:

> It should be possible to use python-ldap[1] without any design
> changes to the twistedcaldav.directory APIs however python-ldap is
> not an asynchronous API so it's performance in our twisted server
> may be suboptimal and require the use of a caching mechanism
> similar to OpenDirectoryService's.
>
> P.S. If anyone feels incredibly motivated to pursue any course of
> action along the lines of implementing some sort of LDAP Directory
> Service I'm sure it would be welcome.

I'd like to take a crack at it. I'm familiar with Python LDAP
programming, not so much with the calendar server's source (although
I have been using it for several months now). I'm also interested in
the potential of using other LDAP directories as authentication
backends.

I can see that I have to implement the methods in
twistedcaldav.directory.directory; anyplace else I should look to get
started?

--
Ben