[CalendarServer-users] No event locations/delegation...

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Thu Nov 1 18:55:20 PDT 2007

Hi James,

--On November 1, 2007 4:53:10 PM -0700 James Hill
<james at economicmodeling.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response!  I tried adding the <cuaddr> tag and then
> inputting mercury at example.com to the event location... but no dice (I
> also tried /principals/locations/mercury/).
>

> The cuaddr is definitely working - here's a snippet from the "Principal
> Details" page for mercury:
>

> Calendar user addresses: -> /principals/locations/mercury/ ->
> mailto:mercury at example.com
>

> In iCal the "Mercury Conference Room" shows up (read/write) for both my
> test users in "Accounts I can access"... i just can't add it to event
> locations. Is it possible that iCal requires OpenDirectory even if you
> enter the correct location address?
>

> At any rate, a decent workaround seems to be adding
> <cuaddr>mercury at example.com</cuaddr> to mercury in accounts.xml and then
> adding mercury at example.com to the list of attendees for the event (and
> leaving the location blank). Although mercury never confirms, the event
> time slot shows up as taken when you schedule other events, which allows
> you to schedule locations/resources (albeit in a non-optimal fashion).

First off a calendar user address has to be a valid URI (according to
iCalendar standards) so you need to have
<cuaddr>mailto:mercury at example.com</cuaddr> (note the 'mailto').

Second, I think iCal will only recognize locations as being on the server
when its hooked up to a 10.5 open directory server. So right now, if you
want to "book" a location, you need to include an Attendee for that
location using the location calendar user address.

--
Cyrus Daboo