[CalendarServer-users] Kerberos Issue / Principals / Authentication

Jindan Zhou jindan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 19:20:13 PST 2007

Hi Cyrus,

Thanks for being here to help the rest of us;-)

Okay, my original problem was: I could not connect to the calendar server
other than from the localhost, then I saw the line "Could not start
kerberos" and I figure that was the problem, apparently I was wrong.

Now the problem still exist here, I have tried various setting in
caldavd-dev.plist, including:

  <key>BindAddresses</key>
  <array>
    <string>the.real.ip.caldav</string>
  </array>

and
  <key>BindAddresses</key>
  <array>
    <string>127.0.0.1</string>
    <string>the.real.ip.caldav</string>
  </array>
With all combinations of
  <key>ServerHostName</key>
  <string>localhost</string>
and
  <key>ServerHostName</key>
  <string>the.real.host.name</string>

With all these tricks, however, I can only browse the calendar server from
the localhost, for example, start a firefox session from the server. If I
try to connect remotely, the browser shows connecting to the caldav server
forever.

What else should I take care of? The firewall is shut down completely when I
experiment this.

Thanks,

Jindan