[CalendarServer-users] Debugging accounts.xml and Linux (cont...)

David Szego david.szego at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 11:21:09 PST 2007

Took WSV's advice, and got a little further with my accounts.xml and
Linux install:

- Remove <guid> lines in accounts.xml
- Let caldavd generate proper guid's (as per Wilfred's comments on
guid formats)
- Copy generated guids into <guid> tags in accounts.xml
- Remove calendar info (in my case, I've put it in /var/cache/
CalendarServer/)
- Delete/re-create account in iCal

I still get:

[caldav-8009]  [-] 'No principal found for UID: admin'
[caldav-8009]  [-] "Attempt to create clone '/var/cache/CalendarServer/
principals/__uids__/admin' of resource
<DirectoryPrincipalUIDProvisioningResource: /var/cache/CalendarServer/
principals/__uids__>"

for each user in my accounts.xml (not for resources/locations).

Calendars now seem to behave a bit better - I can add events without
getting previous access not allowed dialogs (used to get them
immediately) and names check (i.e. adding an attendee called "sonja"
puts a checkmark, where Sonja is a valid account in accounts.xml and I
am not using OpenDirectory)

However, I now get one new error, as soon as I add an attendee:

[PDClientAddressWrapper] GetClientAddress(host='127.0.0.1', port=41007)
[PDClientAddressWrapper] result = AmpBox({'_answer': '6', 'host':
'216.x.y.z', 'port': '4666'})
[CalDAV Outbox POST] Originator: mailto:david at thinkcreatesolve.com
does not match authorized user: /principals/__uids__/
f80ea124-2bd2-5e51-b88c-bd81e65831aa/

At the point where I click "Done" on the new event, I then get the
access denied message:

----
Access to "test event on home cal" in "calendar" in account "Home
Calendars" is not permitted.

The server responded:
"HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden"
to operation CalDAVScheduleEventQueueableOperation.
----

Although in the caldavd console, the event POSTs, PUTs, and it writes
the .ics file.

Editing or moving the event afterwards does not generate any errors.

So, 3 errors:

1. No principal found for UID (each user)
2. Originator email address does not match authorized user
3. Access is not permitted to new events

The system is open at https://www.thinkcreatesolve.com and the users
are admin/admin, david/david, sonja/sonja

Thanks for the help!
David.