[CalendarServer-users] Using iCal server with older iCal programs

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Wed Nov 7 11:09:33 PST 2007

Hi Jason,

--On November 7, 2007 11:20:00 AM -0500 Jason Pruim <japruim at raoset.com>
wrote:

> I was able to get iCal server up and running on my Tiger server box
> (Which is running very well!) and I was just curious, I have some older
> computers (Actually running 10.2.8 and 10.4.10) that I would love to be
> able to access the server with. I know that the included iCal versions of
> those servers can't edit the calendars like the new one can. But is there
> any other software that I could download to run on the older computers? I
> have tried Chandler, and sunbird, and couldn't get either to work... I
> may have entered something wrong though, anyone have any ideas?

Did you follow the setup instructions on
<http://trac.calendarserver.org/projects/calendarserver/wiki/CalendarClients>?
Sunbird ought to work. I think the new Chandler clients are expecting more
than a caldav server now (their "sharing server") - but you should check
with OSAF to see whether it can do "pure" CalDAV. There is also another
client listed at the link above that you could try.

--
Cyrus Daboo