[CalendarServer-users] How to set up Calendar Server for a small virtual office

Patrick Berry patb at picknowl.com.au
Thu Nov 15 02:00:10 PST 2007

I have been trying for a little while to get CalendarServer to start
running at boot up.

I have copied the contrib/launchd file to my /Library/LaunchDaemons
directory, but that didn't work.

I tried altering that file so it ran 'run -d' but that didn't work.

When I used the command 'launchctl load calendarserver.plist' to start
the CalendarServer daemon, it seemed to work fine, it just doesn't
seem to work when I have it in the /Library/LaunchDaemons directory.

I use the command 'ps -ef | grep caldav' and I can see that it's
trying to start up, alas it fails.

Any tips and tricks on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Pat.

PS. This is what I have in my plist file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd
">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
   <key>Disabled</key>
   <false/>
   <key>InitGroups</key>
   <true/>
   <key>OnDemand</key>
   <false/>
   <key>Label</key>
   <string>org.calendarserver.calendarserver</string>
   <key>Program</key>
   <string>/usr/local/caldav/CalendarServer/run</string>
   <key>ProgramArguments</key>
   <array>
     <string>-d</string>
   </array>
   <key>RunAtLoad</key>
   <true/>
   <key>StandardErrorPath</key>
   <string>/var/log/caldavd/error.log</string>
   <key>StandardOutPath</key>
   <string>/var/log/caldavd/error.log</string>
</dict>
</plist>