[CalendarServer-users] delegation help?

Emil Lundberg Emil.Lundberg at bmc.uu.se
Sat Nov 17 02:30:54 PST 2007

Hey Joe,

You've confused the sample accounts file where locations have
delegates (which is normal), with cyrus's example. You now have users
and locations with duplicate uid's which is definitely not what you
intended :-)

Here's what your accounts.xml file should look like (but c.f. the
previous discussion on the use of the guid field):

<user>
   <uid>userA</uid>
   <guid>userA</guid>
   <password>password</password>
   <name>user A</name>
   <proxies>
     <member type="users">userB</member>
   </proxies>
</user>
<user>
   <uid>userB</uid>
   <guid>userB</guid>
   <password>password</password>
   <name>user B</name>
   <proxies>
     <member type="users">userA</member>
   </proxies>
</user>

Then follow steps 4-6 below. Note that using iCal server (or DCS w/
OD directory service I presume), iCal let's a user define delgates
for himself from within iCal, as well as lets the delegate see
calendars for which he is the delegate.

/Emil