[CalendarServer-users] CalendarServer-1.0

Wilfredo Sánchez Vega wsanchez at wsanchez.net
Fri Oct 26 13:42:36 PDT 2007

   I have just finished tagging CalendarServer-1.0:

	http://svn.calendarserver.org/repository/calendarserver/CalendarServer/tags/release/CalendarServer-1.0/

…which is our first release for the project.

   I also removed the 1.0 branch and started a 1.1 branch:

	http://svn.calendarserver.org/repository/calendarserver/CalendarServer/branches/release/CalendarServer-1.1-dev/

   With the release of Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard) today, there will finally
be a widespread CalDAV client out in the wild that can talk to our
CalDAV server.  We hope everyone finds this to be a useful and
productive combination.

   Leopard Server will also ship today with roughly the same code as
tagged 1.0 above.  The differences are all related to the build tools,
not code.

   Work on version 2.0 will continue on trunk.  1.1 and other 1.x
updates will contain conservative fixes, so that we can maintain
compatibility with clients with work with version 1.0 and server users
can rely on stability.

   We invite feedback and participation through these mailing lists.
I apologize for the lack of responsiveness over the past couple of
months as we geared up for this release.  We'll try to get better
about that over time, ideally by building up enough community
participation that when the Apple folks hunker down, there are other
people able and willing to chime in, answer questions, and get things
done.

	Enjoy,
	-wsv