[CalendarServer-users] Older iCal works...sometimes

Douglas O'Connor business at dougoconnor.com
Sat Oct 27 23:26:36 PDT 2007

Hello again,

I have found that I can still publish to the DCS with the older 10.4
iCal (v2.0), which the online documentation says is not compatible,
as long as it is done in the root directory and with the admin/admin
uid/pwd. For example, publishing to http://www.servername.edu:8008/
with admin/admin is no problem. It has a problem unpublishing, but
the ability to publish and subscribe is there for older versions of
iCal.

I am wondering if, since it is possible for this to happen on the
root dir with the admin guid, can I somehow config DCS to let it
happen across the server, in other dir structures? Is there a reason
why I wouldn't want this? Normally when I try this, I get: Calendar
data does not conform to CalDAV requirements: METHOD property is not
allowed in CalDAV iCalendar data. But it seems important that servers
be somewhat backwards compatible, so that not everybody has to go out
and buy new software in order to take advantage. Additionally, why
wouldn't I receive the same error message as an admin/admin
publishing to the root dir?

Any ideas would be welcome, thank you all very much for helping out.

-Doug