[CalendarServer-users] Kerberos Issue / Principals / Authentication

Doug O'Connor business at dougoconnor.com
Wed Oct 31 14:44:30 PDT 2007

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting Kerberos to run, it breaks when I do the ./
run script (could not start kerberos). All the directories under the
XML service seem to set up okay, but access is denied even to admin/
admin logons from iCal 3.0 and anything else, and I suspect the
Kerberos failure to be the issue.

Please advise?

BTW, logging in using Firefox to browse the directories works fine, it
accepts the account uid/pwds from the accounts.xml file (which I've
configured for use in the caldavd-dev.plist) in a pull-down dialogue
box.

It's using WebDAV/CalDAV clients that won't work for authentication. I
get any mode of access denied or error 403 messages. When I check the
server log output, it can't find principals for even "admin." After
"No principal found for admin" it attempts to clone the __uids__/admin
of resource <DirectoryPrincipalUIDPrivisioningResources....>.

I tried manually building PyKerberos, and it referred me to do things
in the kerberos.app that didn't work for me. The Edit-->Edit Realms
didn't do anything, which means that Kerberos app isn't running right
either.

I could be wildly confused on this whole thing, so I apologize if I'm
missing anything obvious here. The important thing is that I can't get
anybody to authenticate when using a WebDAV/CalDAV client.

Thanks,

Doug O'Connor
111 East Avenue, Apt. 331
Rochester, NY 14604