[CalendarServer-users] No event locations/delegation...

Wilfredo Sánchez Vega wsanchez at wsanchez.net
Wed Oct 31 18:02:46 PDT 2007

On Oct 31, 2007, at 2:57 PM, James Hill wrote:

> 1)  The mercury conference room shows up fine when browsing via
> Safari, but iCal can't seem to find it when I try to add "Location"
> to an event.  As per the defaults, in accounts.xml the <auto-
> schedule/> entry appears for mercury.

   iCal relies on OpenDirectory to do user/room completion.  For the
time being, at least, you have to enter a valid calendar user addresd
into the location field.  You can add user using the <cuaddr> tag in
the XML file (eg: mailto:mercury at example.com), or use the URL for the
room (/principals/locations/Mercury/).

> 2)  In iCal > Accounts > Delegation (for both test and test2), it is
> impossible to grant anyone access to the current account.  Whenever
> I try to add a user (e.g. test, test2, testuser at example.com, etc...)
> it says that the user was not found.  Interestingly, in the Calendar
> Server logfile there is no activity - it's as though it is not even
> trying to look up that principle.

   Hrm.  I'm not sure that iCal is trying to do there...  try "mailto:testuser at example.com
" and see if that sends a request to the server.

> 3)  Related to point 2, there seems to be an autocomplete feature
> throughout the system, but it never returns anything.  I can add
> attendees to events by typing their email address correctly, but it
> never makes any suggestions...

   That feature relies on OpenDirectory, as I mentioned above.

> I'm assuming that some/all of these problems are related to using
> XML instead of OpenDirectory?  If so, perhaps my company could
> donate some time to fixing them... but it would be nice to get more
> information about what's broken.

   Unfortunately, I think you are being limited by what iCal knows how
to do at the moment.

	-wsv