[CalendarServer-users] Client library and admin tool

Scott Buchanan dscottbuch at mac.com
Wed Apr 2 19:44:10 PDT 2008

OK,

I tried is a get the following, with no change to the acls

Add ACL before [1 - 6] or cancel [q]: 1
Principal Type:
   1. Principal path
   2. All
   3. Authenticated
   4. Unauthenticated
   5. Property
Select type: 1
Enter principal path: /principals/groups/4dsvn
Invert principal [y/n]: n
Grant or Deny privileges [g/d]: d
Privileges:
   a. {DAV}read
   b. {DAV}write
   c. {DAV}write-properties
   d. {DAV}write-content
   e. {DAV}read-acl
   f. {DAV}read-current-user-privilege-set
   g. {DAV}write-acl
   h. {DAV}bind
   i. {DAV}unbind
   j. {DAV}all
   k. {CALDAV}read-free-busy
   l. {CALDAV}schedule
   q. quit without changes
Select multiple items: i
Ignoring error
ACL >

note that 4dsvn is the software group.

On Apr 2, 2008, at 6:44 PM, Scott Buchanan wrote:

> Cyrus,
>
> That makes sense (I've done enough ACL's to at least get the
> principle).  It would be nice to find a tutorial with, or without,
> the GUI.
>
> On Apr 2, 2008, at 6:31 PM, Cyrus Daboo wrote:
>
>> Hi Scott,
>>
>> --On April 2, 2008 5:50:14 PM -0700 Scott Buchanan <dscottbuch at mac.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I've installed the CS on a Tiger server and everything is
>>> working.  I
>>> want to use the calendars for the groups (our SW group for
>>> example) and
>>> this works fine BUT I don't want individuals of the group to be
>>> able to
>>> delete the entire calendar which is very easy to do by mistake
>>> from iCal
>>> for example.  They need to be able to add and edit events, but not