[CalendarServer-users] Setup for small group/family

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Mon Apr 7 07:43:18 PDT 2008

Hi Isaac,

--On April 7, 2008 10:35:57 AM -0400 Isaac Vetter <ivetter at math.purdue.edu>
wrote:

> This idea really appeals to me personally and I'll be watching this
> thread; but I can't help but see the humor in it as well.
>
> Little Jimmy, I can't take you to soccer practice because you didn't
> schedule it on your calendar! What? Your Vista Outlook install isn't
> syncing with the BSD CalDAV server? Well, use the web interface to
> schedule a time for Dad to debug it. It's not your Mother's fault that
> you insisted on having a Dell Windows laptop.
>
> :)

Yes, but think of the advantages when the kids are older and fighting over
access to e.g. a car! Parents will just have to say "whoever has it booked
on the calendar, gets it"! Of course one could also have a resource
calendar for every toy in the house, but that would probably be taking
things too far :-)

--
Cyrus Daboo