[CalendarServer-users] Invalid argument

Richard Cobbe cobbe at ccs.neu.edu
Mon Apr 7 10:33:19 PDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 11:24:24AM -0500, Julian Y. Koh wrote:

> At 12:19 -0400 4/7/2008, Jason Pruim wrote:
> >I did that and just to be safe I also delete logs/caldavd.pid
>
> You should also delete caldavd.sock.  I've found that after my iMac
> (running OS X 10.5.2) reboots after a power loss, the .sock file needs to
> be manually deleted before CalendarServer will start up properly.  Note
> that I haven't updated CalendarServer since I first installed it a few
> months ago, so it's possible that this problem doesn't occur anymore.

I've also experienced this behavior, and I've submitted a bug (ticket #263)
about this.  I'm still only running release 1.1 of the calendar server,
though, so I don't know if this has been fixed in release 1.2 or on the
trunk.  Certainly nobody's added any notes to the bug report indicating
that it's been fixed.

The server restarted just fine after I moved the logs directory out of the
way.

Richard