[CalendarServer-users] vCard / CardDAV support in DCS

Aurelien Minet aurelien.minet at univ-provence.fr
Wed Apr 9 04:49:00 PDT 2008

Hi,

Ernersto Revilla wrote :
> I know that CardDAV is still not a standard, but Chandler/Cosmo already
> implements some parts.
Yes, I discover that recently (
http://chandlerproject.org/bin/view/Projects/CosmoCardDav )
> How difficult would it be to implement this in
> DCS? (estimates in month/person).
>
> I think the most important efforts are already done, i.e. vobject parses
> vCards (in some degree) and there are also REPORT implementation in the
> caldav part.

I think too (don't know the cost)
> Are there already any future plans?

I have found 2 things:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/vcarddav/
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-daboo-carddav-04

For CardDav the writer works for Apple, so I think there are plans under
the ground ...

I hope vCard + WebDav will drive to an RFC like iCal +WebDav drived to
CalDav.

Regards

Aurelien