[CalendarServer-users] Multiple calendars for one user

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Tue Apr 22 12:39:25 PDT 2008

Hi André,

--On April 22, 2008 9:32:42 PM +0200 André van Toly <avtoly at gmail.com>
wrote:

> This would probably a question that has already been asked but I could
> not find an answer on the mailinglists. Is there a way to have
> multiple calendars for one user? And how would you configure it? I now
> have the following configuration for my account which I use for work
> purposes but I would like to add a personal calendar to the same
> 'andre' account:
>
>   <user>
>     <uid>andre</uid>
>     <guid>andre</guid>
>     <password>***</password>
>     <name>André</name>
>     <cuaddr>mailto:andre at toly.net</cuaddr>
>   </user>
>
> ---Kind regards, André

By default the calendar server "provisions" one calendar for each new user
account. After that, if you want more calendars, you have to use a calendar
client to create them. CalDAV provides the necessary command to allow
clients to do that. So check your calendar client to see if it offers the
ability to create additional calendars. If not, you will have to find
another one, or contact the author of the one you have and ask them to add
that feature.

--
Cyrus Daboo