[CalendarServer-users] Re: Darwin Calendar Server on Linux - Howto

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Thu Feb 14 08:48:54 PST 2008

Hi Tom,

--On February 14, 2008 5:42:05 PM +0100 Tom Schouteden
<tom.schouteden at gmail.com> wrote:

> The DCS is defnitely installed on an xattr partition.
> I did some more digging with ngrep and found something (10.0.0.2 is the
> server, 10.0.0.105 the client).  The server seems to respond that I'm
> unauthorized.  Anyone knows how to fix that?  I can perfectly access the
> DCS with my webbrowser using the same username and password.

What you were seeing in the log snippet you attached is partially correct.
You are seeing iCal make an initial unauthenticated connection to the
server, and the server returns a 401 as it should but the response contains
WWW-Authenticate headers telling the client how to connect. iCal should
then re-send the request but with a proper Authorization header containing
the appropriate login details.

What exactly do you see in the server's error.log file?

--
Cyrus Daboo