[CalendarServer-users] "Wrong number of arguments"

Robert Harris robert.harris at manville-harris.co.uk
Tue Feb 19 15:27:23 PST 2008

I've got one answer and one question.

First:

On 7 Feb 2008, at 14:29, Robert Harris wrote:

> I've tried to install DCS system-wide with './run -i /' .
>
> Running /usr/local/bin/caldavd produces
>
> $ /usr/local/bin/caldavd
> Usage: twistd [options]
> .
> .
> .
> /usr/local/bin/twistd: Wrong number of arguments.
> $
>
> The same goes for various permutations of options, e.g.
> "-X -f /path/to/caldavd.plist"
>
> All this is on a non-server installation of Mac OS 10.5.1.

/usr/local/bin/caldavd has this line:

	PYTHONPATH="Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/:$PYTHONPATH"

I think it should be

	export PYTHONPATH="/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/:$PYTHONPATH"

i.e. the string should start with "/" and the variable should be
exported.

Now the question.  Making the change above seems to start caldav, but
I evidently
need to populate a skeletal directory structure myself. I've tried
using the directories
named in the supplied caldavd-test.plist but I'm now hitting an
AssertionError.
Before I spend another aeon figuring that out, can someone please tell
me if there's
a recommended method of creating and populating DCS's required support
directories?

Thanks,

Robert