[CalendarServer-users] Invalid user/location?

Leonard Budney lbudney at pobox.com
Tue Jan 1 19:05:18 PST 2008

Hello,

I've successfully set up a calendar server on my Linux machine, and (I
think) figured out how to make collaborative calendars--namely, to use
the /principals/groups/users/ URL and stick with group calendars. I've
converted my existing calendars by exporting ICS files and importing
into my WebDAV calendars.

The trouble is, suddenly attendees and locations don't behave as they
do for local calendars. The app harasses me endlessly about their
being "invalid." I just want plain-old informational stuff in those
fields; I'm not using iCal to resolve room conflicts or anything like
that. Is there a way to configure the calendar server and/or iCal to
get this behavior back? The nagging is already driving me nuts.

Thanks!
Len.

----
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false-face for the urge
to rule it. --H. L. Mencken