[CalendarServer-users] Sunbird with Calendar Server Trunk Timezone issue

aschneid aschneid at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 20:28:19 PST 2008

Hello,

I am attempting to use Sunbird 0.7 with Calendar Server trunk pulled from
today's (1/18) source...I also tried it with last night's trunk, but it
looks like nothing has been changed in a couple of weeks anyway.  I was able
to successfully connect and create a calendar with Sunbird.  I'm running
into this weird issue that is reproducible every time.  When I try to go in
and create an event before 1:00 P.M., and this is on Sunbird on a Mac or PC,
I get the following error:

2008-01-18 20:16:55-0800 [-] [caldav-8009]  [-] "'In transformToNative,
unhandled exception: twistedcaldav.timezones.TimezoneException: Unknown time
zone: /mozilla.org/20070129_1/America/Los_Angeles'"

If I create an event 1:00 P.M. or later, it creates the event just fine.
Also, when I move an existing event, back past the 1:00 P.M. mark (say 11:00
A.M.), it will allow the move of that event.  Once I get an event in the
A.M.  I can create events at any time of day, even between restarts of the
server.  However, if I delete all of the events, restart the server, I have
the timezone issue above.

I suppose I have a work around, but it still is very weird.  Anybody have
any ideas?  I am running Calendar Server on Tiger on a PPC.

Thanks,
Andrew