[CalendarServer-users] libevent not found during run script

Morgen Sagen sagen at apple.com
Tue Jul 15 08:03:05 PDT 2008

On Jul 15, 2008, at 7:38 AM, Conrad Wasmer wrote:

> Because the text of the question posed yesterday may have been
> malformed as a result of my email setup, I am re-posting it to this
> group. Please forgive me if you have already seen this, but I am
> still hoping for some suggestions.
>
> Thanks all -
>
> Conrad
> --
> On Mon, July 14, 2008 11:10 am, Conrad Wasmer wrote:
>
> Howdy, all -
>
> I already had CalendarServer running on my iMac G5 (PPC), but I have
> had a few issues and decided that it would be best to get the latest
> and greatest of the stable source code, so I checked out the latest
> source code this weekend and, when I tried to run the setup script,
> I found that I keep getting an error telling me that "libevent is
> required and must be installed." This error seems to occur during
> system checks that are done while building memchached.
>
> As it turns out, libevent is installed and I even went so far as to
> delete the libevent folder that was installed and let the setup
> script download and install it again.  The setup script did, indeed,
> download and install it again, but the error again occurred during
> what appears to be the memchached build.
>
> Am I updating my installation in the wrong way?  Are there other
> steps I should take before I checkout via svn?  All I had done was
> use the following:
>  svn checkout http://svn.calendarserver.org/repository/calendarserver/CalendarServer/trunk
>  /Library/CalendarServer
>
> and then I ran the setup script:
>
> ./run -s

I think this problem got fixed yesterday.  Do an svn update to get the
latest 'run' script, blow away the ../libevent-1.4.4-stable/ and ../
memcached-1.2.5/ directories, and run ./run -s

Before you run the server, you'll need to...

    cp conf/caldavd-test.plist conf/caldavd-dev.plist

...and edit conf/caldvd-dev.plist to let the server know where to find
the memcached you just built:

     <key>memcached</key>
     <string>../memcached-1.2.5/_root/bin/memcached</string>

~morgen