[CalendarServer-users] freebusy file url

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Mon Jul 28 06:49:11 PDT 2008

Hi Helge,

--On July 28, 2008 3:35:35 PM +0200 Helge Heß <me at helgehess.eu> wrote:

> does CalServer expose a regular GET'able freebusy URL for calendars?
>
> like:
>    GET /calendars/users/user01/calendar/freebusy.ifb
>
> maybe even a merged view on principals:
>    GET /principals/__uids__/user01/freebusy.ifb
>
> I think that would be pretty nice. Its supported by many many clients
> and CalDAV vfb REPORTs do not really buy you anything in terms of
> functionality.

Not officially. But as part of the server-to-server experimental branch
there is a "freebusy-URL" option that will create a special resource in
each user's calendar home for a GET'able freebusy view. This is following
some work currently going on in the Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium
to define a standard "format" for freebusy URLs (i.e., standardise query
parameters for start, end, format etc). I can't say when or if this will
make it into trunk right now.

--
Cyrus Daboo