[CalendarServer-users] freebusy file url

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Mon Jul 28 06:59:34 PDT 2008

Hi Kervin,

--On July 28, 2008 6:49:15 AM -0700 "Kervin L. Pierre"
<kervin at adevsoft.com> wrote:

> The ifb file for compatibility might be a
> good idea but I think the biggest advantage
> of the report is that it lets you specify the
> date range.

The freebusy URL work being done by CalConnect will allow specification of
a date/time range as query parameters on the URL.

> It also allows retrieving many FBs in one
> request.  Which probably helps with client
> speed dealing with large meetings.

It is true that the CalDAV Access freebusy-query REPORT is limited to a
single calendar and thus is not useful in a true "scheudling scenario" At
that point the CalDAV schedule VFREEBUSY REQUEST is the appropriate
solution. That can address multiple attendees and aggregates results for
all the calendars the attendee owns. Our implementation of freebusy URL
basically does the equivalent of the VFREEBUSY REQUEST behavior.

--
Cyrus Daboo