[CalendarServer-users] shared calendars on Linux

Guido Guenther agx at sigxcpu.org
Sat Jun 21 08:17:32 PDT 2008

Josh Gentry schrieb:
> Now that I know I can probably do this with accounts.xml, looks like I
> should look at groups and proxies.
Note that we have experimental support for Posix groups in the Debian
calendarserver packages - with that having shared calendars is as easy
as adding people to a group.

I really should put information on howto set this up to the Debian Wiki.
Maybe I get around to write something up next week. For now see:

http://trac.calendarserver.org/attachment/ticket/271/0001-add-name-service-switch-directory-backend.patch

for some information on howto set this up in case this helps. The main
benefit over the XML backend is that you can add/remove calendars at
runtime without restarting the server.

Cheers,
 -- Guido