[CalendarServer-users] 'reset' a calendar/user?

tack tack at tractionco.com
Mon Jun 23 11:12:56 PDT 2008

Hey everybody

We migrated people to our DCS implementation and ran into an issue
where some people's calendars were accessible as subscriptions just
fine, but others you could authenticate (authenticated:read ACL) but
it just timed out.

We had advised people to migrate their old calendars over by exporting
as an .ics then reimporting it and assigning the events to their
calendar in DCS.  The people who's calendars are at issue/time out
appear to have done this, as they have hundreds of sequential PUT's in
the access logs.  About 3 a second.

So, I have to see if this is the problem.  My plan is to have a user
with a large calendar who didn't do this yet and who's calendar I can
access attempt this, and then   see if my access to their calendar
breaks.

My big question is:  How can I revert people's calendars/users to a
state where they're accessible or 'fresh' if my theory is correct?  I
don't want to irreparably break my test subjects account and if I'm
right, I want to fix the users who are having problems.  Is it as
simple as commenting them out of accounts.xml, waiting 10 minutes then
uncommenting them?  Do I have to do some gnarly SQL-Fu?  And worst
case scenario; can I simply blow away the whole database, restart
caldavd, redo my acl/proxy stuff in the command line client and be
merrily on my way?

Cheers,
tack