[CalendarServer-users] Trying to get business partner to access account

Eric Rabinowitz eric.rabinowitz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 12:45:34 PDT 2008

Hi Daniel,

No, those addresses are for the server to know what network interfaces
to allow incoming socket connections.  They are from the perspective
of the *server* so they are totally correct and should work just fine.

The next step is configure your router to allow access to port 8008
(and/or your https port) and direct that traffic to your caldav server
machine.   You probably want the server to have a static IP address
(ie: not dhcp served) so that you can direct the traffic easily.
Ultimately you want only the HTTPS port for better security but you
can test it out with the non-secure 8008 port for now.

Note:  Some routers (like some linksys) routers have a menu page for
'applications/gaming'-->'port forwarding'  that does what you want.
I set up my router to forward ALL port traffic to my one OSX server
machine. (ports 0 through 65534).
Beware:  You are essentially removing one level of firewall protection
and now relying entirely on your server's firewall ability to fight
off port attacks from nasty people!

Eric Linn Rabinowitz
N6LG

Now if someone could answer the questions I posted today I would be
really happy!....