[CalendarServer-users] sporadically dropped events

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Mon Mar 3 09:22:34 PST 2008

Hi,

--On March 3, 2008 5:31:46 PM +0100 "fano.de Team" <email at fano.de> wrote:

> maybe this is the key to our problems:
>
> while startup of the caldav server, there is a line indicating theat 2
> processors were found and therefore 2 processes were started.
> every line in the terminal window appears exactly twice.
> the machine is a g4 quicksilver from 2000 with an add-on cpu card with
> two g4/1,8g processors.
>
> could this be the reason for the probs?
>
> and if so how can we omit the start of a second process?

There shouldn't be any problems running multiple processes. We test and use
1, 2, 4 and 8 core systems in multi-server clusters too.

If you do want to limit the server to one instance though, you can edit the
caldavd.plist file and change the "ProcessCount" value to "1".

But I don't think that will explain the dropped events. That needs more
detailed analysis. If you can find a specific event that is repeatedly
dropped that would help to diagnose this.

--
Cyrus Daboo