[CalendarServer-users] BasicDirectoryService authentication failed

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Fri Mar 14 04:34:53 PDT 2008

On 13 Mar 2008, at 20:23, metalchaos wrote:
> I am on Gentoo Linux with the latest svn plus the patch from
> http://trac.calendarserver.org/projects/calendarserver/ticket/188

Hi,

Sorry I can't help with your problem - I'm also a Gentoo user, but I
haven't installed Calendar Server yet.

I clicked on the Trac link you gave, but I don't understand what this
patch does or is for.

It gives the description "Basic directory service under Linux" - is
this to allow you to run Calendar Server without installing a
separate  LDAP server?

I'm sorry it won't help me solve your problem, but could you possibly
please explain? So I understand for my own installation in a month or
three.

Many thanks,

Stroller.