[CalendarServer-users] Digest authentication

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Mon Mar 31 09:46:28 PDT 2008

Hi Kervin,

--On March 31, 2008 9:41:31 AM -0700 "Kervin L. Pierre"
<kervin at adevsoft.com> wrote:

> You're correct.  The mistake is actually with my
> configuration.  I had the "auth, auth-int" value in
> caldavd-dev.plist, though caldavd.plist and
> caldavd-test.plist were empty.  So it picked that
> up from there.
>
> I've had this issue reported by a few testers and
> I am wondering, is that the "official" fix for now?
> ie. "Make sure Qop string value is empty in *.plist"
> Or is this a temporary workaround?

Leaving it empty is best right now. Our .plist files do ship that way so it
should be the default behavior.

PS I was doing some testing last week and was running into another
authentication problem related to our server advertising "negotiate"
(Kerberos). I did not have a chance to track that down fully, but I'll send
you a report when I do. There is actually some interest from a few people
within Apple to start using OpenConnector to connect to our internally
deployed server, so I was trying to test against that to see where we are
at.
--
Cyrus Daboo