[CalendarServer-users] Support for not sharing/delegating ToDo's?

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Mon Mar 31 13:08:32 PDT 2008

Hi Jakob,

--On March 31, 2008 10:03:02 PM +0200 Jakob Peterhänsel <jakob at hjemme.dk>
wrote:

> I'm asking about support in general. I can see it's not in the iCal GUI
> (and wonder why), so I guess it boils down to: Is it possible on the
> server side? (and latter in iCal?)

I can't speak to what iCal may or may not do in the future.

But right now you can do a lot on the server with privileges - but you will
have to manipulate that with some other client (the command line tool we
made available last week would suffice).

In the case of delegates, what you would do to set this up is simply create
a calendar to contain any events or to-dos that you don't want the
delegates to see. Then apply a WebDAV ACL to that calendar collection that
denies the delegates the right to read/write (effectively overriding the
normal delegate right). Anything stored in that calendar is then totally
private.

--
Cyrus Daboo