[CalendarServer-users] Support for not sharing/delegating ToDo's?

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Mon Mar 31 13:21:21 PDT 2008

Hi Jakob,

--On March 31, 2008 10:16:23 PM +0200 Jakob Peterhänsel <jakob at hjemme.dk>
wrote:

> The goal is to keep peoples stuff ordered, and if they have a 'Work'
> server based calendar, it would be nice to have todo's in it. But since
> there is no way of denying Delegates to see todo's, that is then not
> possible. It seems users are forced to:

Actually you can also apply ACLs to individual items inside a calendar, so
you could get by with the one calendar but explicitly deny access to each
to-do that is created. Again there is no client UI to do that, so its not a
practical solution right now.

> LOCAL
> - Private (iSync/iPhone default)
> - Work ToDo's
> SERVER
> - My Name
> - - Work events

That's wonit work so well if you want to see those to-do's on other
machines - you will then be forced to rely on sync instead.

> So, where do I start to ask ER's? iCal Server, iCal Client, or both?

File this against the client. I am sure they will bug us if there is
anything more needed on the server.

--
Cyrus Daboo