[CalendarServer-users] Adding users

David Reid dreid at apple.com
Mon May 5 09:45:04 PDT 2008

Hi Tony,

On Apr 30, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Tony Rogers wrote:
> So, I just followed the instructions for installing the Calendar
> Server on my MacBook, got it up and running, logged in as admin,
> and…  Not sure how to add users.  I tried adding another user in /
> conf/accounts.xml, but unless I missed something it didn't seem to
> create any directories for that user, even after I restarted the
> server.  (So I changed it back.)

Directories on disk are provisioned on demand.  Which means they won't
exist until a users accesses their calendar or someone tries to
perform a scheduling operation with them.  You can create them
yourself by visiting http://server:andport/principals/users/ in a web
browser.  As well as http://server:andport/calendars/users/  This
should create the all the directories for the users you've added.

> Is this documented anywhere?  I spent the last 45 minutes looking
> around online with no luck. :/

Not really, sorry. :\

-David