[CalendarServer-users] building CalDAVClientLibrary

John McAdams johnemac at tekserve.com
Mon May 26 12:28:06 PDT 2008

Hi Cyrus,

The login name I was using did not have a calendar. I assigned them
one and then was able to login. This is all very interesting. Seeing
the files raises so many questions, but one at a time.

I'm still having trouble viewing acl's. Here's some output from the
command:

User: diradmin
Password:
/ > cd calendars/
/calendars > acl -i
Could not retrieve DAV:acl property, status=401
/calendars > acl users/
Could not retrieve DAV:acl property, status=401
/calendars > ls
groups/
locations/
resources/
sudoers/
users/
/calendars > acl users
Could not retrieve DAV:acl property, status=401
/calendars >

Best regards,
-- jmca

On May 24, 2008, at 11:47 AM, Cyrus Daboo wrote:
> There is no setup script. Just do ./run-shell.py in the main
> directory to run it.
>
> --
> Cyrus Daboo
> (Tapped out on my iPhone)
>

> On May 24, 2008, at 7:49 AM, John McAdams <johnemac at tekserve.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I must be missing something obvious. I've downloaded using
>> svn checkout http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/calendarserver/CalDAVClientLibrary/trunk
>>  CalDAVClientLibrary. This give me a folder called
>> CalDAVClientLibrary in my home folder (mac os 10.5.2 server). Now
>> shouldn't I have to build something?
>>
>> I tried
>> setup.py build      will build the package underneath 'build/'
>> setup.py install    will install the package
>>
>> But those didn't get me anywhere. I'm trying to get a look at my
>> location principal to see why it's free busy times are not showing
>> up in the Availability window of iCal.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -- jmca

Hi Cyrus,

The login name I was using did not have a calendar. I assigned them
one and then was able to login. However I'm still having trouble