[CalendarServer-users] memcached in current svn

Cyrus Daboo cdaboo at apple.com
Wed May 28 06:52:06 PDT 2008

Hi John,

--On May 28, 2008 12:55:04 PM +0100 John Tanner
<john.tanner at conformance.co.uk> wrote:

> Is anyone else having a problem compiling memcached from the current
> svn? I'm getting an error:
>
> Building memcached...
> checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0
> checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0
> checking target system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0
> checking for gawk... no
> checking for mawk... no
> checking for nawk... no
> checking for awk... awk
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run
> C compiled programs.
> If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
> See `config.log' for more details.

Edit the run script and remove "CFLAGS=-m64" from the libevent and memcache
builds. Apparently there is a problem doing a fat build of those and we
stuck with the intel flags, so the current run won't work on PowerPC. Of
course this needs to be fixed...

--
Cyrus Daboo