[CalendarServer-users] FreeBSD server up and running but...

Chris Brown chrisb at computerbookshops.com
Fri Nov 7 02:42:25 PST 2008

Hi Lenny,

It's been driving me crazy but I finally fixed it! The only error I
could see in the logs was an error with memcached not being able to log
on as root. It looks like the memcache service gets called in
twistedcaldav/cluster.py so I just added a line in on line 393 to force
the service to start as root:

if config.Memcached["ServerEnabled"]:
    log.msg("Adding memcached service")

    memcachedArgv = [
        config.Memcached["memcached"],
        "-p", str(config.Memcached["Port"]),
        "-l", config.Memcached["BindAddress"],
        "-u", "root",
        ]

And bam, calendars galore for all.

Chris

--
*Chris Brown*
IT Developer

*t:* +44 (0) 121 778 3333      *e:* chrisb at computerbookshops.com
*f:* +44 (0) 121 606 0469      *w:* www.computerbookshops.com

205 Formans Road, Sparkhill, Birmingham, B11 3AX, United Kingdom
Computer Bookshops and C.B.Learning are trading names of Computer
Bookshops Ltd.
Company No. 1386108 Registered in England & Wales

This e-mail and the information contained is confidential and is
intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed.
_If you are not the intended recipient or have received it in error_ we
would appreciate a prompt notice that it has been wrongly despatched and
will reimburse any reasonable cost involved in notifying us.
We thank you for your help in this regard. We would also advise that you
should not use, disclose or copy this information in any medium, as if
you do, you may be breaking the law and thereby incurring liability.
We do not accept any liability to any third party acting or failing to
act on any information contained in this e-mail

*Please* consider the environment before printing this e-mail.