[CalendarServer-users] Darwin Calendar Server on Linux - Howto

Andreas M. Eberharter ame_24 at gmx.net
Sun Apr 5 14:29:25 PDT 2009

thanks,

i recompiled python including the sqlite keyword:

$ sudo emerge -pv dev-lang/python
[ebuild  N    ] dev-db/sqlite-3.6.6.2  USE="threadsafe -debug -doc -
soundex -tcl" 2,250 kB
[ebuild   R   ] dev-lang/python-2.5.2-r7  USE="gdbm ipv6 ncurses
readline sqlite* ssl threads xml -berkdb -build -doc -examples -tk -
ucs2 -wininst" 0 kB

are there some more modules i should active in order for
calendarserver to function correctly?

now it started fine and i could browse the server pointing to
localhost:8009

i do get a warning when starting up: what does this mean?
Building select26...
/usr/lib64/python2.5/distutils/dist.py:263: UserWarning: Unknown
distribution option: 'include_package_data'
   warnings.warn(msg)

are there any howtos out there on how to configure calendarserver the
best? i did not find something regarding users, rights...

as i'm on gentoo, i could not try the debian package.

thanks again for your help
andreas