[CalendarServer-users] Fwd: [CalendarServer-dev] HTTPS-Problem

Georg Troska georg.troska at uni-dortmund.de
Wed Feb 18 12:18:35 PST 2009

Hi,

ok maybe this is a better forum to ask this question

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

> Von: Georg Troska <georg.troska at uni-dortmund.de>
> Datum: 18. Februar 2009 15:08:13 MEZ
> An: calendarserver-dev at lists.macosforge.org
> Betreff: [CalendarServer-dev] HTTPS-Problem
>
> Hi,
>
> I have problems to get HTTPS running on the calendarserver. (Ubuntu-
> Intrepid)
> HTTP works fine now, but using HTTPS gives me an error-message in
> iCal:
>
> "The account inforation could not be found - Unexpected error at the
> secure name resoltion (Error -9813). The servername <name> is maybe
> incorrect "
>
> (This is translated from german)
>
> I'm sure that HTTPS is running as I can reach it in the Browser -
> authentication is running as well
>
> Thanks Georg

meanwhile I found out, that I have a logentry in /var/log/system.log
on my client:
---
Feb 18 21:14:01 regulus iCal[97893]: SMA: -[DAVRequest(Private)
translateSSLError:]: { -9813 }
Feb 18 21:14:01 regulus iCal[97893]: [DAVRequest _readStreamEvent]:
SecTrustEvaluate failed.  Failing with error: (null)
---

putting this into google made me a bit nervous when I read this: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/administrators/16397-caldav-issue-leopard.html

is it true that iCal cannot handle "selfmade SSL-Certs"? How can I put
the cert on "always trust"?

I hope you can help. Thanks a lot
Georg