[CalendarServer-users] FW: Problem building PyOpenDirectory

Mark Cockfield mark.cockfield at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 19:33:37 PST 2009

Just discovered that according to the API docs: distutils.util.get_platform
"For MacOS X systems the OS version reflects the minimal version on which
binaries will run (that is, the value of MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET during the
build of Python), not the OS version of the current system."

Since MacPython is built for 10.3 up, that explains why it is reporting
10.3.

Mark