[CalendarServer-users] Running CalendarServer on CentOS 4.7

Friedrich Clausen fred at derf.nl
Mon Jul 13 03:45:35 PDT 2009

Hi All,

I have installed a newer Python (2.6.2) than CentOS 4 offers in a
custom prefix so that I can start installing CalendarServer. I then
adjusted my PATH for my user so that the correct Python is used when I
install CalendarServer.

I then manually installed all the dependencies listed in the README
but the run script still wants to download and install various
components that I have already installed (Twisted for example). It
also tries to check out non-existend SVN repos - for example the error
below -

Checking out vObject...
svn: URL 'http://svn.osafoundation.org/vobject/trunk@193' doesn't exist

I am running the "run" script with the "-i" option in order to install
CalendarServer is a particular location.

Any hints on how to install CalendarServer correctly will be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Fred.