[CalendarServer-users] calendarserver on debian via nss and kerberos

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Sun Mar 22 23:10:51 PDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 12:27:45PM +0100, Marco Ghidinelli wrote:
> hello,
> anyone was able to use calendarserver on debian 5 with users from
> nssswitch and authentication via SPNEGO/Kerberos?
>
> I followed the README.Debian, but with no results.
To verify if NSS really works you can change:

+    def verifyCredentials(self, credentials):
+        # FIXME: plugin in PAM authentication here if you want to - kerberos works
+        #return super(NssUserRecord, self).verifyCredentials(credentials)
+        return False
		^^^^^

+    def verifyCredentials(self, credentials):
+        # FIXME: plugin in PAM authentication here if you want to - kerberos works
+        #return super(NssUserRecord, self).verifyCredentials(credentials)
+        return True
	        ^^^^

in twistedcaldav/directory/nss.py. This will disable *all*
authentication but the first/lastValUid etc checks will still be in
place. Once this works we can try to work out why kerberos fails.
Cheers,
 -- Guido