[CalendarServer-users] iMIP settings

Morgen Sagen sagen at apple.com
Mon Nov 30 16:21:46 PST 2009

On Nov 30, 2009, at 3:39 PM, Conrad Wasmer wrote:

> Has anyone had success setting up DCS to send and receive emailed invitations? I run DCS (improperly using the ./run -d script) on the same machine as my mailserver. And I have fiddled with the plist settings for scheduling, but to no avail. Any direction would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Conrad Wasmer

Basically you want to fill these in as if you were setting up an email client (and make sure Enabled is set to <true/>, and don't modify the MailGatewayServer or MailGatewayPort):

      <!-- iMIP protocol options -->
      <key>iMIP</key>
      <dict>
        <key>Enabled</key>
        <true/>
        <key>MailGatewayServer</key>
        <string>localhost</string>
        <key>MailGatewayPort</key>
        <integer>62310</integer>
        <key>Sending</key>
        <dict>
          <key>Server</key>
          <string></string>
          <key>Port</key>
          <integer>587</integer>
          <key>UseSSL</key>
          <true/>
          <key>Username</key>
          <string></string>
          <key>Password</key>
          <string></string>
          <key>Address</key>
          <string></string> <!-- Address email will be sent from -->
        </dict>
        <key>Receiving</key>
        <dict>
          <key>Server</key>
          <string></string>
          <key>Port</key>
          <integer>995</integer>
          <key>Type</key>
          <string></string> <!-- Either "pop" or "imap" -->
          <key>UseSSL</key>
          <true/>
          <key>Username</key>
          <string></string>
          <key>Password</key>
          <string></string>
          <key>PollingSeconds</key>
          <integer>30</integer>
        </dict>
        <key>AddressPatterns</key>
        <array>
          <string>mailto:.*</string>
        </array>
      </dict>

If you were on MacOS X Server, the password would get stored in the System Keychain rather than in the plist.