[CalendarServer-users] iMIP settings

Markus Stürmer markus.stuermer at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Nov 30 21:57:10 PST 2009

Dear Conrad!

Am 01.12.2009 um 05:00 schrieb Conrad Wasmer:

> I would have responded directly to the last email, but after
> applying the settings, my inbox on my server was erased (frankly,
> probably the easiest way I know to clean that thing out - all my
> other folders remained untouched).  So, um, any advice on which
> user's info I should be putting in those fields in the iMIP settings?
>
> Should the info be that of an existing email account? Should I have
> a new mail account for DCS?

Your calendar server definitely needs an eMail account of its own. It
polls it regularly, so that your inbox got erased is bad luck, but
shows that DCS is checking it.

So after getting a new mailbox for your calendar server, you should at
least be able to send invitations (which is only done if an email
address is now known to DCS, i.e. does not belong to one of its
users). I had to patch implicit.py (one line) to get DCS interpret
iMiP replies, but this might work better in the newest version. If
your logs shows some exception when retrieving the iMiP replies from
the server, let us know.

Regards,
Markus