[CalendarServer-users] HOWTO: install Darwin Calendar on Centos 5

Guy guy at britewhite.net
Wed Sep 16 00:28:26 PDT 2009

Hi,

Here's a quick guide which I've put together on installing Darwin
server on Centos.

Note:
--------
I built this in a virtual system running Proxmox, inside which I was
running Centos 5 standard 5.2.1 as an openVZ

This is also replicated on my Blog: http://www.rho.cc/Blog

----------------
CREATE Storage
----------------

dd if=/dev/zero of=/calData.dsk bs=1024k count=1024

mke2fs /calData.dsk

vzctl set 119 --devnodes loop0:rw --save  # on the proxmox side of the
server
losetup /dev/loop0 /calData.dsk

mount -o user_xattr /dev/loop0 /var/calData/

mkdir /var/calData/root
mkdir /var/calData/data

chown daemon:daemon /var/calData/root
chown daemon:daemon /var/calData/data

----------------
Make sure you're All up to date and have all the necessary extras via
yum
----------------

yum -y update

yum install -y zlib-devel subversion gcc openssl-devel libevent
libevent-devel sqlite-devel krb5-server.i386 krb5-workstation.i386
mod_auth_kerb.i386

----------------
Build and Install python 2.5
----------------

wget http://python.org/ftp/python/2.5/Python-2.5.tgz
tar xvfz Python-2.5.tgz
cd Python-2.5

./configure --prefix=/usr  --with-system-zlib
make
make install

----------------
install setuptools
----------------

http://www.errorhelp.com/search/details/74034/importerror-no-module-named-setuptools

wget http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/s/setuptools/setuptools-0.6c8.tar.gz#md5
=0e9bbe1466f3ee29588cc09d3211a010
tar xfvz setuptools-0.6c8.tar.gz
cd setuptools-0.6c8
python setup.py build
python setup.py install

----------------
Install python's SQLite
----------------

wget http://oss.itsystementwicklung.de/download/pysqlite/2.5/2.5.5/pysqlite-2.5.5.tar.gz
cd pysqlite-2.5.5
python setup.py build
python setup.py install

----------------
Fetch Darwin calendarServer etc..
----------------

svn co http://svn.calendarserver.org/repository/calendarserver/CalendarServer/trunk
  CalendarServer
svn co http://svn.calendarserver.org/repository/calendarserver/CalDAVClientLibrary/trunk
  CalDAVClientLibrary
svn co http://svn.calendarserver.org/repository/calendarserver/PyKerberos/trunk
  PyKerneros
cd PyKerneros
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/kerberos/bin
python setup.py build
python setup.py install

----------------
Build the calendar Server, this should now pull and compile any other
parts required.
----------------

cd CalendarServer
./run -s

----------------
Install
----------------

./run -v -i /     # installs caldavd into / directory and below

mkdir -p /usr/share/caldavd
ln -s /usr/bin /usr/share/caldavd/bin

ln -s /usr/caldavd /etc/caldavd

copy accounts.xml, sudoers.plist into /etc/caldavd and edit either
manually or with the ClientLibrary stuff.
edit /etc/caldavd/caldavd.plist to your environment. specifically
allow plaintext authentication and disabling digest worked for me.

----------------
Start it running
----------------

/usr/bin/caldavd -X -f /etc/caldavd/caldavd.plist

---- may not be needed as memcached is included -----

wget http://www.danga.com/memcached/dist/memcached-1.4.0.tar.gz

tar zxpfv memcached*
cd memcached*
./configure
make install

make sure memcache has been installed along with libevent and ldconfig
point to /usr/local/lib