[CalendarServer-users] CardDAV Support AddressBook OSX 10.6.4

Dustin Jackson djackson.work at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 12:57:02 PDT 2010

Sorry for lack of info...Im probably in over my head.

I used svn checkout "svn.calendarserver.org/repository/calendarserver/CalendarServer/trunk" which should have pulled 3.0.  CalDAV is working perfectly for multiple users and on both desktop and iphones.  So i think i have it configured properly.

Also when i run the server (using ./run so i can trouble shoot) i see it "checking out" updated revisions.

I am temped to reinstall but the fact that iphones work perfectly makes me think its the setup with Address Book desktop client.  Every time i configure the account, it just hangs until eventually it prompts with a message saying it can't find the settings.  I read online about editing the .plist file for address book desktop.  When i look at the file after failed setup, it appears that the server address gets screwed up.  When i fix it to the right port and path it connects and syncs.  But trying to add or modify i get

2010-08-02 10:49:47-0400 [-] [caldav-0]  [-] [twistedcaldav.method.put_addressbook_common#error] u"error: illegal escape sequence: '\\:'"