[CalendarServer-users] Almost running CalServer on Centos 5.4

huetmann huetmann at violine.at
Mon Feb 1 12:51:06 PST 2010

Hi,

after following the instructions in various websites for DCS and Centos, I
got fairly far, but not quite there.

I have the server up and running, it gives me a listing of sorts,when I
approach it with Firefox 3.0, but it does not let me log on as anyone. As
soon as I type the authentication superuser/superuser it gives me an error
"400 Bad Request". All the other standard users in account.xml don't work at
all (Auth window comes back).

Is there a simple caldavd.plist I could use for authentication. I thought
that this would have to work at least:

<key>Authentication</key>
    <dict>

      <!-- Clear text; best avoided -->
      <key>Basic</key>
      <dict>
        <key>Enabled</key>
        <true/>
      </dict>

But no luck. (The accounts.xml is where it is supposed to be. )

I also have a problem with memcached, i.e.:

[memcached-Default] can't run as root without the -u switch

Maybe those two problems are connected. But I am at the end of my tether
here, haveing spent more than 12 hours trying to get this to run.

Any help is appreciated. Maybe it is something small I am missing!

Thanks

Peter