[CalendarServer-users] iMIP settings

Conrad Wasmer conrad.wasmer at comcast.net
Wed Jan 6 00:40:59 PST 2010

I have upgraded to SL 10.6, and finally understanding what Markus did, I tried the same, but to no avail.

I created a user named com.apple.calendarserver in my accounts.xml file and in my sudoers.plist, and now I get a different error:

2010-01-06 02:23:40-0600 [-] [caldav-0]  [AuthorizedHTTPGetter,client] [twistedcaldav.scheduling.imip#error] Could not do server-to-imip request : <twistedcaldav.scheduling.imip.ScheduleViaIMip object at 0x102fdc4d0> Mail gateway not able to process reply; could not authenticate user com.apple.calendarserver with calendar server
2010-01-06 02:23:40-0600 [-] [caldav-0]  [AuthorizedHTTPGetter,client] [twistedcaldav.scheduling.scheduler.ScheduleResponseQueue#error] Error during PUT for mailto:otheruser at gmail.com: None

I have tried Markus' suggested tweaking of the implicit.py file, but that did not change the result.

Can anyone help me understand how I can get the user com.apple.calendarserver to authenticate with the server? I tried leaving the password field blank, but that threw a whole different set of errors - it is currently set as the same thing in both the sudoers.plist and accounts.xml.

Thanks all!

On Dec 2, 2009, at 11:18 AM, Markus Stürmer wrote:

> I have created a user for the iMIP injection and entered that user also in the sudoers.xml file.
>
> However, I still got an exception whenever an email reply should be imported into the DCS again. I fixed that by changing in "twistedcaldav/scheduling/implicit.py" the line "if self.originatorPrincipal:" into "if self.originatorPrincipal and hasattr(self.originatorPrincipal,'calendarUserAddresses'):".
>
> I do not know if the whole approach is the way to go, unfortunately there is hardly any documentation available. It took me very long to set up the installation, and I also modified some parts to get Lightning, Mulberry, Evolution (and of course iCal.app) working and enable Kontact and Horde to at least subscribe calendars.
>
> Regards,
> Markus
>

> Am 02.12.2009 um 17:01 schrieb Conrad Wasmer:
>

>> 2009-12-01 23:40:05-0600 [-] [mailgateway] 2009-12-01 23:40:05-0600 [HTTPChannel,0,127.0.0.1] [twistedcaldav.mail#error] iMIP injection principal not found: com.apple.calendarserver
>> 2009-12-01 23:40:05-0600 [-] [caldav-0]  [AuthorizedHTTPGetter,client] [twistedcaldav.scheduling.imip#error] Could not do server-to-imip request : 403 Forbidden
>> 2009-12-01 23:40:05-0600 [-] [caldav-0]  [AuthorizedHTTPGetter,client] [twistedcaldav.scheduling.scheduler.ScheduleResponseQueue#error] Error during PUT for mailto:conrad.wasmer at gmail.com: None
>>

>> ---
>> Conrad Wasmer

Conrad Wasmer