[CalendarServer-users] HowTo: Install DCS Version 3 (Revison 5365) on Linux

John Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Tue Mar 9 07:19:04 PST 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 14:25 +0000, Guy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> http://www.rho.cc/index.php/calendar-and-contact-server/59-calendar-setup/100-installing-darwin-calendar-and-contact-server-version-3-on-centos-5
>
> Simple step by step guide for installing the latest builds of darwin
> calendar and contact server on centos Linux.  This guide which is
> based on my version 2 guide takes you all the way from fetching the
> code to compiling to running both calendar and contact server.
>
> I'm also writing a guide to the version 3 configuration files which
> are different from the version 2 ones.. I'll let you know when thats
> ready.
>
> Cheers,
> ---Guy

Guy, thank you - that will be extremely useful to me. (Nit-pick: it
should be "dependencies" and not "dependancies" under your header "If
you see errors".)

I've just installed Calendar Server 2.3 on Slackware Linux 13, but am
looking at the development version with a view to installing version 3
when it is released.

The major challenge for me, I think, will be to get 2.3 (or 3) working
with a directory suitable for a single-sign-on environment, rather than
with just the XML File Directory Service of the test environment. I have
an LDAP directory of users here, and a Kerberos KDC. I've not setup such
a Kerberised service before. I see various reports about using Kerberos
with Calendar Server, but have not yet found a setup tutorial. I have
much to learn.

John A. Murdie