[CalendarServer-users] PostgreSQL/xattr-filestore?

John Murdie john at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Mar 10 05:02:53 PST 2010

I'm curious about the development Calendar Server's apparent need for
PostgreSQL, but that (py)xattr is still called for. Rather than
store .ics files directly in the filestore, will version 3.* use a
relational database to store the equivalent data? (My apologies if I've
missed a developers' document either in the checked-out development or
on the website, but I have looked. I need to read the source, I know!)

A calendar service which was (eventually!) used in an academic
environment such as mine would have to have its users' calendar data
backed up. Normally, we use a NetApp filestore for holding user files,
via an NFS proxy. I shall look to see if extended attributes can be so
supported, but if the aim is to store data with PostgreSQL, that might
be an easier route.

John A. Murdie