[CalendarServer-users] Missing Calendar Data

Conrad Wasmer conrad.wasmer at comcast.net
Tue Mar 16 08:08:01 PDT 2010

Michael -

I noticed that the new plist standard references the calendar folder data
in a new spot - it used to be in /twistedcaldav/test/data, but now it's in
/data/Documents.  I think the run script created the "data" folder, and the
sub-folders therein, as per the plist file.

my caldavd.plist has the following relevant entries:

   <!-- Server root -->
78	    <key>ServerRoot</key>
79	    <string>./data</string>
80
81	    <!-- Data root -->
82	    <key>DataRoot</key>
83	    <string>Data</string>
84
85	    <!-- Document root -->
86	    <key>DocumentRoot</key>
87	    <string>Documents</string>

The way I see it, the ServerRoot is the real root for your data, then
DocumentRoot is where your calendars folder goes.  I copied my "calendars"
folder from /twistedcaldav/test/data into the /data/Documents folder and
POOF - all my calendars were there...

I think they way you have it set up now, you'd need to have your calendars
folders in a data/twistedcaldav/test/data

Hope that helps.

- Conrad

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 07:17:19 +0000, Guy <guy at britewhite.net> wrote:
> when you upgraded did you change the caldav-dev.plist to match the newer
> settings?
>
> Can you post your complete caldav-dev.plist config file removing any
> sensitive information.
>
> Also you might want to check your accounts.xml as that changed too.
>
> Cheers,
> ---Guy
>
> On Mar 16, 2010, at 00:11, Michael H. wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just updated to Version 2.4 from Version ??. I have several backups
of
>> my old directories but I don't know which data i have to move to my new
>> installation.
>>
>> Allready done:
>> * caldavd-dev.plist
>> * accounts.xml
>> * /data
>> * /twistedcaldav/test/data
>>
>> My config says:
>>
>>    <!-- Data root -->
>>    <key>DataRoot</key>
>>    <string>data/</string>
>>
>>    <!-- Document root -->
>>    <key>DocumentRoot</key>
>>    <string>twistedcaldav/test/data/</string>
>>
>> I can login with iCal but the accounts are empty (no calendars).
>> Privilegs are also fine.
>>
>> Suggestions?
>>
>> regards
>> Michael