[CalendarServer-users] Access Permission

Guy guy at britewhite.net
Fri Mar 26 04:53:19 PDT 2010

IF you have Mac ical.app then you can do that in there...

Go to the ical.app preferences -> accounts -> select the calendar account -> delegation

Select "Edit" at the bottom... now enter the persons name..IF they want write access tick the box, if not they just get read access.

IF you don't use ical.app then you'll need to setup the DCS configuration files to handle it.  You don't say which version of calendar server your using.  Version 2 and version 3 have it in different places..

Version 2:  edit accounts.xml
-----------------
  <user>
    <uid>fred</uid>
    <guid>9812739837128379123</guid>
    <password>kjhadsfkljhasdf</password>
    <name>fred blogs</name>
    <first-name>fred</first-name>
    <last-name>blogs</last-name>
    <cuaddr>mailto: fred at blogs.com</cuaddr>
    <proxies>
	   <member type="users">jim</member>
	</proxies>
  </user>

note the "proxies" entry at the bottom, this give jim full access to fred calendar, if jim only needs read access then change "proxies" to "proxies-read"

Version 3: edit proxies.xml
--------------

	<record>
		<!-- fred -->
		<guid> 9812739837128379123 </guid>
		<proxies>
	   		<member>958670958607985</member>
		</proxies>
	</record>

this time you have to specify the GUID for both entryes... again change "proxies" to "proxies-read" to only give read access.

Cheers,
---Guy